On the journey to recovery from addiction, a variety of approaches, levels of care, and treatment options are available, and finding the right fit is crucial. Serenity House Health’s intensive outpatient program (IOP) is one such level of care, and it may be the right fit for you if you are looking for a step down from inpatient care or if you are not quite ready for traditional outpatient care.
An intensive outpatient program is a type of treatment that provides intensive, structured care while allowing participants to live at home and continue with their daily lives. IOP typically consists of group and individual therapy sessions several times per week, and clients are expected to attend all sessions.
Serenity House Health’s centers in Florida and Texas offer an IOP that is designed to help clients develop the skills they need to maintain sobriety and prevent relapse. We understand that addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease, and our goal is to help clients build a solid foundation in early recovery. Learn more by connecting with our team at today.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Serenity House Health’s IOP runs five days a week. Program participants engage in three groups each day from 9 am to 12 pm and participate in sessions with clients in our partial care program. These group sessions help clients build skills in relapse prevention, effective communication, and stress management. Connecting with others in recovery is an important part of the healing process, and our IOP provides ample opportunity for clients to form bonds with their peers.
During these sessions, clients and therapists will discuss a range of topics, including:
- Identifying triggers for relapse – Clients will learn to identify the people, places, and things that trigger their urge to use drugs or alcohol.
- Coping with cravings – Cravings are a normal part of early recovery, and clients will learn how to effectively manage them.
- Building a support network – A strong support system is crucial for maintaining sobriety, and clients will learn how to build and nurture relationships with others in recovery.
Serenity House Health’s intensive outpatient program is intensive, but it is also flexible. We understand that our clients have responsibilities outside of treatment, and we work with them to create a schedule that fits their needs.
Is Our IOP Right for You?
Our programs help clients in the early stages of recovery. IOP offers a transitional step for clients who have completed these programs and are ready to begin rebuilding their lives. IOP may be the right level of care for you if:
- You are not quite ready for traditional outpatient care
- You need intensive, structured treatment but still want to live at home
- You’ve completed an inpatient program and are looking for a step down
- You want to continue working or going to school while you recover
- Your home life is supportive of your recovery
No matter where you are in your journey, Serenity House Health can help. Our admissions counselors are available to answer your questions and help you find the right level of care for your needs. From support in the early days to helping you find stability in recovery, we are here for you.
Rewrite Your Story at Serenity House Health
If you’re ready to take the first step, we’re here to help. At Serenity House Health, we offer a variety of treatment programs, including intensive outpatient care, that can help you build a foundation for lifelong recovery. Our caring staff is ready to answer your questions and help you get started on the road to recovery. Contact us today at to learn more.